Total Pageviews

Friday, March 18, 2011

WFR Certification

So I've begun my trip by leaving good ole Glen Ellyn last Friday and coming to Macomb, IL. Home of Western Illinois University. I've been here for a week doing a WFR (Wilderness First Responder) Certification. For those who have NO idea what that is... It's basically an intense week long first aid class where you learn how to take care of sickly/injured people in a wilderness setting. It's been quite a long week, and I'm pretty excited to be done with the course because my brain is in information overload. Luckily it is over in 2 days, then begins the REAL fun. 3 days in the car with Lisa driving out to California.
Anyway, I wanted to create this blog so family and friends can keep up with everything that I'm doing, since I'm really bad and keeping in touch with everyone, and I don't feel like explaining things more than once. Hopefully this blog will give more explanation and especially give visuals for things I see, experience, and where I'm living. Because I like pictures. :) ENJOY!

Bart the Buick all packed up and ready for the open road!

Learning how to strap someone into a litter. Excessive straps much??

Buick love. :)

Classy eatery in Macomb, IL. I HAD to stop here. Crappy food, but good service! Hey at least they do something right.

Stupid people w/out helmets. I guess that what you get out of Macomb, IL.

"Bear Scratch" for simulation. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment