Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 27, 2011

CALIFORNIAAA!

Alright, so I'm already getting a little bit behind on this cause I didn't have internet access. I have arrived in California. The rest of the roadtrip went GREAT! We stopped in Grand Junction, CO for sleep then drove all the way to LA the next day! Yes, it was a looong day. But we did get a chance to stop in Las Vegas and see the Gold and Silver Pawn Shop (from the show Pawn Stars on the History Channel). In LA, Lisa and I got to catch up with some friends from college and it was a grand ole time!
On March 23rd I drove up to Los Olivos, CA which is where I will reside (kind of) for the next month or so. I went through training for a few days, which consisted of looking over some paperwork, taking a driving test, and meeting some of the kids that will be going on the trip. This past weekend, a teacher, another instructor and I went up to Pinnacles National Monument to hike around prepare for this week with the kids. Tomorrow we'll head back up to Pinnacles with a lovely group of 20 7th graders for the week. This trip is a week long and is car camping style. So it should be pretty easy, just a lot of games to keep them occupied and a little bit of hiking and climbing. :)
Anyway, enough of the jabber.. here's a few pics from the roadtrip...

Driving along.. I think this is either in Utah or Arizona.

Some more scenery!

We named him Nebraska.

Lisa's still smiling after hours and hours of driving!

Pawn Stars!!!

Saw billboards for this place in CA and Lisa made me stop. Certainly glad we did. 
The Alien Jerky was delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment